Welcome!

My photo
i'm stacia. i'm a photographer located on the west coast of florida and i specialize in lifestyle, family portraiture. here you'll find a modge podge of my most recent work, personal projects and guest appearances by the cast of characters i call my family. my portfolio can be found at www.staciahehenberger.com

Saturday, November 24, 2012

thanksgiving.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
-Melody Beattie


ahh, thanksgiving.
such a special time of year, isn't it?
a time when we all are humbled
 and even the hardest of hearts turn their chins upward for a silent nod of thanks.
this year, i wanted to shout my gratitude from the roof tops.
but instead, i turned inward.
i journaled and baked good food from scratch,
thanked my lucky stars for the simple things
and whispered my words into the ears to which the thanks was owed...
my husband. my kyle. my one & only for better or worse.
my children. everyday & night & moment & breath.
our little house. 
our healthy bodies & minds.
my renewed faith.
and photography. my joy & voice & vision.

happy thanksgiving to you & yours.
i hope your holiday is full of rest & gratitude.

pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe here.
gratitude journal here.
i highly recommend it. also, a box of tissues. 
or hanky if you're into that sort of thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind Words...